SLANSW Inc. CBCA Aloud Grants
SLANSW Inc. may award up to $5000 per annum to member schools and/or teacher librarians to support an author for a less advantaged area. Check out the NSW CBCA website for more information or email Association Representative for CBCA.
SLANSW Inc. Development Grant
SLANSW Inc. may award up to $3000 per annum to support our members in developing their knowledge and skills as school library professionals. Contact Grants Coordinator for more detail.
SLANSW Inc. Research Study Grant
SLANSW Inc. awards up to $1000 per annum to encourage and assist members to pursue research-based activities that align with the mission of the Association.
Activities can range from assistance to attend a research-based event to development of a research project, eg. mentorship or communication costs, assistance with data analysis, publication costs.
Who can apply?
Current members of at least one year standing.
NOTE Applications can occur at any time. There is no deadline.
- Process for applying for Research Study Grant:
- Prepare a statement detailing professional aim for the Research Study Grant
- Outline of research interest
- Plan and time-frame for dissemination of the outcomes receive.
In determining the award, the Awards Panel will take into account the following criteria:
A successful applicant will provide
- current relevance to the profession of the area of study chosen, or the degree to which the study will further our aims and research initiatives.
- candidate's commitment to the profession
- proven ability or interest in the project subject
- potential to apply the knowledge of the subject within the profession
- proven ability to be able to communicate in a professional manner orally and verbally
- share outcomes of experience through other forums e.g. delivering a paper, conducting a workshop or seminar at our Professional Learning Events, prepare a report based on the experience to members.
- where possible, prepare a paper for inclusion on our website or journal
- supply names and contact details of two referees, one who must come from your workplace.